Zoo Lover’s Day
Can’t get enough photos of cute baby animals born at the world’s zoos? No problem! Follow @zooborns for a daily dose of cute overload.
April 8th is Zoo Lover’s Day, and in celebration we’ve rounded up some of our favorite zoos on Instagram! The term “zoo” was first used as an abbreviated way to describe the Gardens and Menagerie of the Zoological Society of London, also known as the London Zoo, which opened for scientific study in 1828 and to the public in 1847.
Be sure to follow a few of the many zoological parks around the world sharing photographs of newborn animals, daily feedings, playtime with the animals, as well as fascinating facts about wildlife.
- San Diego Zoo in California — @sandiegozoo
- Twycross Zoo in England — @twycrosszoo
- Tulsa Zoo in Oklahoma— @tulsazoo
- Minnesota Zoo — @mnzoo
- Berlin Zoo in Germany— @zooberlin
- San Francisco Zoo in California — @sanfranciscozoo
- Maryland Zoo — @marylandzoo
- Woodland Park Zoo in Washington— @woodlandparkzoo
- Bronx Zoo in New York — @thebronxzoo