Looking Back with the #TBTs of 2013
With over 127 million posts shared using the #TBT (#throwbackthursday) hashtag, it’s little wonder that #TBT came in as one of the most-used hashtags of 2013 on Instagram. Throwback Thursdays provide Instagrammers with a weekly opportunity to share a special moment from the past. As this year has shown, the trend has expanded and attracted participation from actors, musicians, sports stars and even US First Lady Michelle Obama. To celebrate this trend and the moments of the past it commemorates, we’ve selected a few stand-out #TBT photos from 2013.
- US First Lady Michelle Obama (@michelleobama) shares an old photo of herself embracing husband President Barack Obama.
- Footballer Cristiano Ronoldo (@cristiano) posts a childhood photo from the field.
- Chef Giada De Laurentiis (@giadadelaurentiis) looks back to her time at Le Cordon Bleu.
- NBA player Lebron James (@kingjames) shares a moment from the court in 2000.
- Former Arizona congresswoman Gabby Giffords (@gabbygiffords) remembers a fond moment with her husband at the Davis-Monthan Air Force Base.
- Rapper Snoop Dogg (@snoopdogg) shares a photo with his two sons.
- Supermodel Gisele Bündchen (@giselleofficial) posts a favorite shot from a past Missoni campaign.
- Photographer Mario Testino (@mariotestino) looks back at a candid, behind-the-scenes moment with Beyoncé.
- Television journalist and talk show host Katie Couric (@katiecouric) posts a gymnastics photo from her time in school to celebrate female athletes.
- Actor James Van Der Beek (@vanderjames) shares a memory of actor Paul Walker after his passing.