Spotlight Since launching, we’ve seen Instagram spread from our headquarters in California to every corner of the globe. In this series we highlight Instagrammers from countries and cities with thriving communities.
"Every known superstition in the world is gathered into the horse-shoe of the Carpathians, as if it were the centre of some sort of imaginative whirlpool." — Bram Stoker’s Dracula.
With the Carpathian mountains arcing across its center and the river Danube running along its southern region, Romania is a country of vast and hilly peaks and luscious wetlands.
A history steeped in folklore, Romania’s rural and remote landscape served as the fictional home of Bram Stoker’s famous vampire, Count Dracula. With numerous hilltop castles such as Bran Castle, as well as the fairytale turrets of King Carol I’s Peleş Castle in Transylvania, it comes as little surprise that Romania has ignited the imagination of so many.
For a closer look at Romania’s haunting landscapes and bustling cities through the lenses of just a few of the many Instagrammers that live there, follow:
- Lorant Pandea, Transylvania photographer – @lorantpandea
- Oana Befort, graphic designer and illustrator in Bucharest – @oanabefort
- Lavinia Cernău, photographer in Cluj-Napoca – @lavinia_cernau
- Liviu Ratiu, photographer in Cluj-Napoca – @liviuratiu
- Raluca Tămaș, journalist in Bucharest – @raltamas
For a closer look at Romania, explore the country through some of its most popular and picturesque destinations: