Weekend Hashtag Project: #WHPslowmotion
Weekend Hashtag Project is a series featuring designated themes & hashtags chosen by Instagram’s Community Team. For a chance to be featured on the Instagram blog, follow @instagram and look for a photo announcing the weekend’s project every Friday.
The goal this weekend is to take creative videos using slow motion. Some tips to get you started:
- Slow motion often makes video seem more cinematic and emotional. Use this to your advantage as you plan your shoot.
- Not just anything slowed down will make for a compelling video. Look for subjects that can tell a story through movement. Don’t be afraid to shoot lots of footage and bring your story together as you edit.
- Remember that slow-motion video will also distort your video’s sound. Sometimes these distortions can help tell your story, but you can also remove sound or add a soundtrack in many editing apps.
How to Import Slow-Motion Video to Instagram:
- If you’re shooting video with an iPhone 5S, you can capture video using your phone’s “slo-mo” setting in the native camera. Open your slow-motion video in the iMovie app, make any edits you’d like, save it and then upload to Instagram.
- If you’re using any other Apple devices, you can record and export slow-motion video with apps like SloPro.
- Android users can explore slow-motion apps such as AndroVid Video Trimmer available in Google Play.
PROJECT RULES: Please only add the #WHPslowmotion hashtag to videos taken over this weekend and only submit your own videos to the project. Any video taken then tagged over the weekend is eligible to be featured right here Monday morning!