Roll Up Your Sleeves with Farmers on Instagram
It’s no secret that Instagram can be a great place to find amazing photos and videos of food. From food photographers like @sonyayu and @danielkrieger to chefs and magazines such as @jamieoliver and @bonappetitmag sharing shots of their best meals, it’s easy to drum up an appetite scrolling through your feed.
Food on Instagram goes far deeper than just what ends up on the plate, however. Whether in the country, on a city rooftop or at the market, many farmers from around the world have taken to Instagram to share their daily routines complete with the joys and struggles farming life brings. For a glimpse into life on the farm, check out these farmers on Instagram:
- Stacey Walker, farmer with an eye for foggy landscapes and machines at work — @iphonefarmer
- Tucker Taylor, culinary gardener in Northern California — @farmert
- Ben Hole, farmer documenting his idyllic herds in Isle of Purbeck, England — @benjaminhole
- Anette, Instagrammer capturing sprawling crop fields and soaring skies — @pinkrumba
- Brooklyn Grange Farm, the world’s largest rooftop soil farm set in New York City - @brooklyngrange