New York Fashion Week 2013
New York Fashion Week is officially under way! Fashion Week began in 1943 as a way to highlight American designers to fashion journalists during WWII when French fashion was inaccessible. Now, New York’s fashion weeks (for spring and fall collections) mark two of the most important events in the fashion world’s calendar. Top designers debut and showcase their collections to more than 100,000 industry leaders including buyers, retailers, celebrities and media.
This year’s show also includes InstaStops from backstage at both the Lincoln Center and MILK Studios runway venues.
To see more content live from the eight days of New York Fashion Week 2013, check out these Instagram accounts:
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week official account (Lincoln Center backstage InstaStop) - @mbfashionweek
- MADE Fashion Week (MILK Studios backstage InstaStop) - @MADEfw
- Olivier Theyskens (designer) - @theyskenstheory
- Coco Rocha (model) - @cocorocha
- Tony Chung (model) - @tonychungmodel
- Martial Vivot (stylist) - @martialvivot
- Thomas Kakareko (photographer) - @thomas_k
- Eva Chen (Lucky magazine editor) - @evachen212
- Bryan Boy (fashion blogger) - @bryanboycom
- Aimee Song (fashion blogger) - @songofstyle
- Refinery29 (fashion website) - @refinery29