From Pen to Camera: Authors on Instagram
Ever wondered where the inspiration for your favorite novel came from? Authors like Salman Rushdie and Jon Krakauer are using Instagram to give you a glimpse into the life of a writer. Many authors have taken to Instagram to share everything from the research and findings that help shape their work, to receiving the first copies back from the publisher and the book tours that follow. They’re also capturing and sharing those everyday moments in their lives when they’re not writing, like hiking with fellow writers or going to a baseball game with friends.
Want to tune in to with your favorite authors? Be sure to follow them on Instagram:
- Salman Rushdie, author of The Satanic Verses — @salmanrushdie
- Jon Krakauer, author of Into the Wild — @krakauernotwriting
- Jarrett Krosoczka, author and illustrator of the Lunch Lady graphic novel series— @studiojjk
- Marcus Samuelsson, chef and author of Yes, Chef — @marcuscooks
- Erin Morgenstern, author of The Night Circus — @erinmorgenstern
- José Luís Peixoto, Portuguese writer — @joseluispeixoto
To find more writers to follow on Instagram, check out this article from Random House.