The Montreux Jazz Festival on Instagram
The lakeside town of Montreux, Switzerland, is known for two things: its notable but reclusive residents (including Queen frontman Freddie Mercury) and its annual Jazz Festival. The festival has been held every July since 1967, and this year’s event started yesterday.
Over 200,000 people attend the festival each year, making it the second largest in the world. Originally a pure jazz festival, today Montreux’s lineup includes nearly every music genre imaginable. Want to get first-hand look at the concerts in Montreux? Be sure to follow these Instagrammers:
- Montreux Jazz Festival, official account — @montreuxjazzfestival.
- Cat Power, musician — @catpowerofficial.
- Green Day, band — @greendayig.
- Kat Edmonson, musician — @katedmonson.
- Lianne La Havas, musician — @liannelahavas.
- James Blake, musician — @jamesblake.
- Richie Hawtin, musician — @richiehawtin.
- Wyclef Jean, musician — @wyclefjean.