InstaMeets are a great way to get to know the people in your hometown using Instagram. To help you branch out and get the conversation flowing with your fellow Instagrammers, we’ve put together a few tips to keep in mind before, during, and after your photowalk.
- Bring nametags: Hand out nametags and ask everyone to write down their name & username. It helps connect faces to photos!
- Use a hashtag: Ask everyone to tag their photos with the same hashtag so everyone can easily find each other’s photos on Instagram. We recommend making your tag unique by using the name of your city in your tag, such as #instawalksydney or #instawalktoronto.
Chances are you’ll have a lot in common with the people around you. Be sure to use the opportunity to get to know them! Here are some questions you might want to ask to get things started:
- What’s your favorite filter?
- Who are your favorite Instagrammers? (Find your stats.)
- Do you know about that Instagrammer who takes a photo of her pug every day (or some other fantastic person to follow)?
- Did you know Floyd Mayweather is on Instagram? (Find more notable users.)
- How do you keep up with your Instagram feed when you aren’t attached to your iPhone? (Take a look at these options.)
- Have you ever made magnets/postcards/books out of your photos? which third-party Instagram printers are your favorites?
- Follow your new friends! Be sure to check out the tag page for your city and follow the people you met on your photowalk.
- Don’t wait for the next Worldwide InstaMeet! Instagrammers in cities around the world get together all the time to go on photowalks or just meet up in a bar. You can organize a big meetup in your city or just go out shooting with a few of the new friends you made any time of the year.
InstaMeet banner image provided by @lauralawson.