Meet Instagrammers Near You!
Want to meet up with Instagrammers in your city? Get involved in an InstaMeet! InstaMeets are a great way to get to know other Instagrammers in your hometown. Discuss your favorite filters, exchange tips, or just take photos and videos together! Visit meetup.com/instagram to find an InstaMeet near you and check out these blog posts for tips on hosting your own InstaMeet!
Just attended an InstaMeet? Tell us about your InstaMeet here: bit.ly/igwwim8
How to participate
- Go to meetup.com/instagram and find a meetup going on in your city, then click “Count me in.” If you don’t see an upcoming event in your hometown, start one!
- Help spread the word on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and wherever else you can! (See below for more tips)
- Join up with other Instagrammers on your city’s meetup day, get inspired and make new friends!
Ideas for your meetup
- Meet at a bar or park: Start casually and discuss your favorite filters and photo techniques with other Instagrammers
- Photowalk: Pick a route in your city and spend an hour or two snapping photos with other Instagrammers
- Scavenger Hunt: The NYC Instagram crew organized a photo scavenger hunt — over 50 people participated, snapping photos of everything from “someone eating a hot dog” to “5 or more strangers in a conga line.”
Things to remember
- Keep it simple: The goal is to get other Instagrammers together to meet one another, so meeting in a bar or park is a great option for your first meetup. There’s always time to organize more elaborate meetups!
- Don’t be afraid to start small: Two or three people is still a meet-up!
- Check out photos from InstaMeets around the world
Spread the word
- #instameet: Use the #instameet tag on all photos/tweets you share related to your meetup.
- #instameetyourcity: Also use a city-specific tag, such as #instameetlondon, so that you can keep track of all content related to your city’s meetup on Instagram
- Make an announcement: Post a note to Instagram/Twitter/Facebook that you want to have a meetup in your town and @ mention users you follow in your city. Read our how-to guide for creating InstaMeet announcements.
- Ask others to share: After you post your announcement, encourage others to reshare the image with their followers (after you post the photo, tap the “…” button below the photo to copy the Share URL, then paste that URL in a comment on your photo).
- Find Instagrammers in your city: When you add a location tag in Instagram to your pictures, you can click on that location to see other images posted there. You can also search hashtags to see if places near you are mentioned. Talk to the people who’ve posted at the same spots as you and direct them to your city’s meetup page.
On your meetup day
- Take a group photo, then send us the link to the photo and we’ll feature it here on our blog! Take a look at photos from past meetups.